CAMPAIGNS AND ADVOCACY:
1. Awareness creation on female genital mutilation, through a series of twelve (12) workshops. WOKIKE has created awareness and education on female genital mutilation with a resultant positive impact in Garissa central.
2. Collecting and disseminating information to the rural communities on matters related to their lifestyle and simple improvement. Identifying priority needs and their solutions, through Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA).
3. Systematic campaigns against negative cultural behaviour, legal provision for marginalized women: - on inheritance, divorce, marital problems, violence, and other harmful practices.
4. Advocacy programmes in Ijara, raising the consciousness level of the community on their rights – create enabling environment for the community to demand for their rights in service provision from service providers.
5. Organizing lobby groups to carryout advocacy programs and issues e.g. Masalani Girl-child Education lobby group (Mitnimo girl child lobby group) Masalani HIV/ AIDS lobby group. e.t.c.
6. Carried out the National civic education programme (NCEP I) for three districts within North eastern province (Garissa, Wajir and Ijara) during the phase one project.
7. Training and disseminating of the children ACT 2000.