Since the inception of the organization, Womankind Kenya has initiated the following projects that are geared towards community empowerment.
1. Nursery school project: Four nursery schools in four droughts displaced villages with an enrolment of 540 children (135 per school) with teachers and other support staff.
2. With the help of donor the organization has put up a rescue centre for girls cum primary school with an enrolment of 70 girls with its support staff. The children are school going and therefore they are saved from the evil practice of female genital mutilation practiced among the Somali community and 200 neighbouring destitute girls attending to the primary school.
3. Constructed 8 classrooms for the Ummulkheir Girls primary school, purchased books and desks, provide electricity supply and four (4) pit latrines. The school admits girls from the rescue centre alongside the girls from the neighbouring village.
4. Through networking with other actors Womankind has managed to supply 600 hundred-text books to two primary schools in Garissa district.
5. Construction of Four (4) classrooms, provided two hundred textbooks and Purchased and distributed 120 school desks to Bothai Primary School.
6. Constructed Four (4) classrooms, Four (4) pit latrines and provided Seven hundred and Four (704) textbooks to Ijara Primary School.
7. Constructed Eight (8) classrooms Four (4) pit latrines put up a Shallow well and an Administration block to Kotile primary school in Ijara district.
8. Established and constructed Shurie Secondary School, the one and only secondary school in Ijara district.
9. Capacity building to the school management committees through trainings (six primary schools in Ijara and four ECD in Garissa) on their role and responsibilities and budget tracking.
10. The organization is a member of the Elimu Yetu Coalition where it houses the Garissa and Ijara chapters. The EYC campaigns for the education for all, and annually organize for processions and public Baraza in the campaign for the government and the community to fully participate in the education activities.
11. Support to needy children who perform well in their exams, with biasness towards the girl child. The organization through support from friends pays school fees to needy girls from poor families, who enrol in the national and provincial secondary school (now supporting 12 girls).